Why with CCI?
Choosing the right study abroad program for you
1. Its content should fit your academic, career and personal goals
2. Its destination should be appealing
3. It should fit your budget
4. It should help you progress toward your degree
Our goal in the College of Communication and Information is to offer a range of study abroad options, so all of our students can find one that meets the above four criteria. Because CCI programs are tailored to CCI majors, you can continue to learn about your field and develop your skills while seeing the world. For example:
CCI students in Florence, Italy, created documentaries about life and culture in Florence, and here is an example: http://www.youtube.com/user/CCIKent?feature=mhee#p/u/11/B7ynLZL9plY
CCI students in Shanghai partnered with Chinese journalism students and hit the streets to create multimedia stories, which youâ€™ll find here: http://www.datelineshanghai.com/
CCI students traveling through Turkey and Greece studied and practiced photography in such exotic locations as Istanbul and Athens. You'll find examples throughout this website.
CCI faculty are very supportive of study abroad and have been willing to allow reasonable course substitutions so that your courses abroad complete academic requirements here. Plan ahead with your academic advisor to determine whether you need faculty approval.
Donâ€™t limit yourself to CCI options if you have your heart set on someplace we donâ€™t go. The KSU Office of Global Education - http://www.kent.edu/studyabroad/index.cfm
- can help you get most anywhere. But check out CCI programs first. Because they are integrated into CCI majors, they can be a great fit. New courses are being developed all the time, so take a look, and see where weâ€™re headed next.