2014 Online Learning Symposium
Kent State Online: Re-envisioning Our Potential
Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - Kent Student Center
An engaging and interactive online learning symposium where attendees enjoyed speakers, breakout sessions and dialogue with other colleagues. Get the latest information and find out more about:
- Great Ideas in Online Teaching
- Research Topics in Online Learning
- Campus Partner Poster Sessions
- Breakout sessions on Best Practices, Kent State Online Template, Online Accessibility and much more.
Keynote speaker: Michael Wesch, Ph.D.
Dubbed "the explainer" by Wired magazine, Wesch is a cultural anthropologist exploring the effects of new media on society and culture.
Online Learning Research Panel Materials
Great Ideas in Online Teaching Panel
- Jon Secaur – PHY 11030 Seven Ideas that Shook the Universe (PDF)
- Jennifer Mapes – Making a Class Map with Fusion Table (PDF)
- Kristen Precht-Byrd – Drawing on Linguistics: Concepts, Metaphors and Colored Pencils [Handout #1 (PDF)] [Handout #2 (PDF)]
- Marcy Caplin – Vokis [Handout #1 (PDF)] [Handout #2 (PDF)]