- Corporate Credit Card Request
- Compensating Research Subjects
- Debit Card Reconciliation
- Expense Reimbursement
- Gift Reporting Form
- Independent Contractor Information
- Payment Forms and Procedures
- Hospitality and Entertainment Policy 7-02.5
- Policy Exception Pre-Approval Form
- Purchasing Card
- Signature Authority Documentation
- Accounts Receiving
- Financial Accounting
- Grants Accounting
Accounts Payable * 237 Schwartz Center * Telephone: 330-672-2607 * Fax: 330-672-6385
Indviduals who contract to provide services for the university may sometimes be classified as independent contractors, rather than as employees. In order to comply with federal and state laws, the following process must be followed when engaging the services of an independent contractor:
1. Before any services are rendered, submit the electronic
HR Independent Contractor Determination Form. Attach a copy of the proposed contract with the
independent contractor to this form. If the individual providing services does not have a standard
contract, the Independent Contractor Terms of Agreement may be used.
PURPOSE: This form is reviewed by Human Resources in order to determine whether or not the
individual is an independent contractor or should be classified as an employee. Once a determination
has been made, an email will be sent indicating whether or not the individual has been approved
as an independent contractor.
2. Within 30 days of the independent contractor's start of service, the
OPERS Independent Contractor Acknowledgement (PEDACKN) must be completed and signed.
PURPOSE: To comply with State of Ohio Senate Bill 343 Sec. 145.038.
3. Once the services have been rendered and it is time to pay the independent contractor, the following
paperwork must be submitted to Accounts Payable:
a. Completed and signed check request form
b. Copy of the HR Independent Contractor Determination Form email
c. Copy of the fully signed contract (or Independent Contractor Terms of Agreement)
Other independent contractor resources: