Information Technology (CPM-IT)
How to Contact IT
CPM-IT provides tech support during normal business hours to students, faculty, and staff at the College of Podiatric Medicine and Cleveland Foot and Ankle Clinic. Weekend hours are available with advanced notice. To reach the department, use one of the following methods to ensure the quickest response. Please do not directly contact an IT staff member.
Hours: Monday - Friday / 7:30am - 5:30pm
Internal Extension: x17545
KSU Tech Help
To reach IT after hours, or to ask question about a general Kent State tech resource please use the following methods to reach Tech Help based at the Kent Campus:
Phone: 330-672-HELP (4357)
Create a ticket or Live Chat with support at http://support.kent.edu
Guides and Resources for KSUCPM tech
- Using audio/visual in the Lecture Halls
- Endnote (Free web-based version)
- RefWorks (Free web-based version)
- Office 365 (Free Office for personal use)
Emergency Laptop Loans for Exams
The college requires that each student brings with them a laptop purchased within the past two years when they begin their educational career with the college. During examination periods in the event of a laptop emergency, CPMIT has a small, limited number of laptops that can be loaned out at no charge to the student to take the test.
These laptops are only available for checkout immediately before the exam is set to begin. Once the supply is exhausted - no more laptops will be available for use and the student caught without a working device will have to work with their professor for how to handle the situation.
To check out a laptop:
- Bring your ID with you to the day of the test.
- Someone from IT will provide a laptop and hold onto your ID until the laptop is returned
- At the end of the exam, visit the Infodesk or call IT at 216-916-7545 and we will meet you in the rotunda to return the laptop