Have questions or comments?
The Center for Teaching and Learning is dedicated to providing the following services:
- Consultation and resources for faculty at different stages of their academic career. Access to the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD), of which Kent State University has an Institutional Membership.
- Through thematic communities of practice, the center will provide support for small groups of faculty to study particular issues related to faculty development.
Conducting and Disseminating Research on Student Learning
- The center staff can provide suggestions and support for researching student learning within a course.
- A variety of tech equipment is available for use from the center.
International Guest Speakers
- Presentations and facilitated workshops by faculty from Kent State University as well as other institutions with expertise in the area of teaching and student learning.
New Faculty Orientation
- The center assists in planning and implementing the New Faculty Orientation Workshop each Fall semester.
- Faculty peer observations of classroom teaching and online teaching with follow up consultation.
Teaching Consultations (Individual or Department)
- We will locate resources and researched best practices regarding teaching and learning issues relevant to you or your department.
(e.g., intergenerational differences and similarities, active learning, flipping the classroom)
Technology Integration Consultations
- Assistance with instructional design and educational technologies.
- Support for university initiatives promoting student success (e.g., Reducing DFW)
University Teaching Council Support
- The center provides technical and administrative support for this university-wide committee.