Your class is taught via the Internet or World Wide Web (WWW), and courses can be either asynchronous or synchronous. Content is often in text form but also can be PowerPoint presentations, streaming video and audio, and students may also be required to come to campus for several class sessions.
- Communication tools used in this type of web-based course include live chats, discussion groups, and email.
- To take a Web-based class you will need: a computer with a current version of Firefox or Internet Explorer and internet access.
- Check your system for the computer requirements.
Here are helpful tips for navigating the online schedule of classes.
- Select the term from the list.
- Choose Detailed Class Search.
- You must select at least one subject.
- To select all subject areas, hold down the SHIFT key, and click on the first entry and then on the last entry.
Online Classes: To find online classes, search using the following instructional methods.
• 100% Online - These courses are offered on the Web. Fully online, requiring no face-to-face class meetings or online live sessions. May require a proctored test.
• 100% Online- Set Meeting Times - These courses are offered on the Web and will REQUIRE one or more web-based scheduled class meetings. Please check the schedule of classes and course syllabus for information about the date(s) and time(s) of the web-based class meeting times. May require an on campus or proctored test.
• Partially Online - These online courses (at least 50% web-based) REQUIRE one or more face to face class meetings at a Kent State University campus or other off campus location. Please check the schedule of classes and the course syllabus for information about the date(s), time(s) and location of these class meetings.
- To select multiples, hold down the CONTROL key, and click on the subject areas you want to browse.