Graduate Admission for International Students from India
Supplementing the Graduate Admission page and the Graduate Admission for International Students page, this page contains additional information for applicants from India who plan to apply to the Master of Digital Sciences (MDS) degree program.
ALIGNMENT WITH UNDERGRADUATE DEGREES FROM INDIA
The required courses for the Digital Systems Software Development, Digital Systems Telecommunication Networks, and Digital Systems Management concentrations are generally delivered in an in-classroom format, so those concentrations are well-suited for international students who want to pursue the degree on the Kent State University campus.
The Digital Systems Telecommunication Networks concentration is very well-suited for graduates from Indian Bachelor's programs in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (ECE) and Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE). Students in this concentration can take a variety of courses in networking and wireless networking that complement their undergraduate engineering background.
The Digital Systems Software Development concentration is very well-suited for graduates from Indian Bachelor's programs in Computer Science (CS) and Information Technology (IT) who want to study software development but do not have the pre-requisite courses for admission into the Computer Science Master's program. This concentration is also well-suited for graduates from Electrical and Electronics Engineering (ECE), Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE), Mechanical Engineering, and Civil Engineering programs who would like to study software development to complement their undergraduate engineering background.
Evaluating Your Marks
Kent State University's admission criteria is based on Grade Point Average (GPA), with a 3.0 GPA required for admission into the Master of Digital Sciences degree program. Based on past history, we recommend that applicants have marks of at least:
- 60% with no backlogs (F's)
- 62-63% at most 2-3 backlogs
- 65% with at most 5 backlogs
Applicants with 10+ backlogs are unlikely to be granted admission.
All admission decisions are based on an applicant's GPA as calculated by our International Admissions office. If you have questions about this process, you can send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1-330-672-7980. Please do not send questions about GPA conversion to the School of Digital Sciences since we do not perform this conversion.
If you have a question about:
- The application and admission process from India — you can contact Kent State University's Liaison Office in New Delhi by sending email to email@example.com or calling 011-405-26889.
- The Master of Digital Sciences degree program — please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your application — you need to contact International Admissions by sending email to email@example.com or calling +1-330-672-7980. Please do not send questions about your application to the School of Digital Sciences since we do not see your application until it is complete and has been released to us by International Admissions.
- Your I-20 or you need general assistance after you have been admitted — you need to contact International Student and Scholar Services by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +1-330-672-7980.