Graduate Admission for International Students
Further information for Indian applicants is given on the Graduate Admission for International Students from India page.
Application Deadlines for International Applicants
The School of Digital Sciences does not have a formal application deadline, but processes graduate applications on a continuous basis.
However, although we have no formal application deadlines, some classes fill up early. To maximize your chance of securing a seat in your preferred classes, we highly recommend that international applicants submit all of their application materials by the following dates:
- May 15 (for fall admission)
- October 15 (for spring admission)
- March 15 (for summer admission)
Application Requirements for International Applicants
In addition to the normal application requirements for Graduate Admission, international applicants must submit evidence of proficiency in the English language, usually through the TOEFL, IELTS, or MELAB. Conditional admission will not be given for low English proficiency scores.
Restrictions on Online Classes for International Students
Students on an F-1 visa, or with a scholarship from their government, may also be subject to restrictions on the number of online courses they can take, either on a semester basis or in total.
If this is the case, please note that the required courses for the following concentrations are generally delivered in an in-classroom format, so these concentrations are well-suited for international students who want to pursue the degree on the Kent State University campus:
- Digital Systems Software Development
- Digital Systems Telecommunication Networks
- Digital Systems Management
However, the required courses for the following concentrations are generally delivered in an online format, so these concentrations may be less suitable for international students who plan to pursue the degree on the Kent State University campus:
If you have a question about:
- The Master of Digital Sciences degree program — please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your application — you need to contact International Admissions by sending email to email@example.com or calling +1-330-672-7980. Please do not send questions about your application to the School of Digital Sciences since we do not see your application until it is complete and has been released to us by International Admissions.
- Your I-20 or you need general assistance after you have been admitted — you need to contact International Student and Scholar Services by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +1-330-672-7980.
- The application and admission process from India — you can contact Kent State University's Liaison Office in New Delhi by sending email to email@example.com or calling 011-405-26889.