College Credit Plus Program (CCP)
The College Credit Plus Program (CCP) at Kent State University is designed to provide qualified public high school students with the opportunity to enhance their high school education with a true college experience.
The CCP program is not intended to replace coursework available in high school, or to provide high school students with a full-time college course load.
Science Experience Internship
The Science Experience Internship allows qualified high school students the opportunity to participate in research under the guidance of a professor in the following areas:
- Liquid Crystal Institute (LCI)
- Computer Science
Students who are interested in participating in the Science Experience should submit an application for the College Credit Plus Program (CCP) to the Dual Enrollment Programs office by the deadline listed on the application. Students should also submit a Science Experience Request Form. Once a student is admitted, the Dual Enrollment Programs staff will coordinate with University faculty to determine the most appropriate placement for students based on their research interests. Students will be placed with a faculty member and will meet with the professor to determine a research schedule. The student should plan to spend 3 hours per week for 15 weeks per semester as part of the program. Students who successfully complete the Science Experience course will earn one credit hour of Kent State University credit.
Foreign Language Academy
This program is run through the College Credit Plus Program (CCP).
- The program is intended for students with no prior knowledge of Chinese and Russian
- Students can receive up to 5 college credits
- Students live and study together in the Kent State Honors College (Johnson/Stopher Halls)
- Students study in a supportive, culture-rich environment
- Teachers are experienced professionals from local colleges and universities
- Students are provided with a laptop computer and all necessary software for the course of the program
- Students must participate in a follow-up academic year session consisting of distance learning and monthly Saturday sessions
If you are admitted into the Foreign Language Academy, you will have to set up your FlashLine account. All Kent State students have FlashLine accounts in which you will be able to see grades, check and receive emails, print schedules, and much more.