Post-Secondary Enrollment Option Program (PSEOP)
The Post-secondary Enrollment Options program (PSEOP) at Kent State University is designed to provide qualified public high school students with the opportunity to enhance their high school education with a true college experience.
The PSEOP program is not intended to replace coursework available in high school, or to provide high school students with a full-time college course load.
The Dual Credit program at Kent State University is designed to provide qualified high school students with the opportunity to enhance their high school education by earning college credit while they are still in the high school.
High school based dual credit are those courses offered through a collaborative agreement between Kent State University and a school district, taught by a qualified high school teacher on a high school campus, and earning a student both high school and college credit.
Science Experience Internship
The Science Experience Internship allows qualified high school students the opportunity to participate in research under the guidance of a professor in the following areas:
- Liquid Crystal Institute (LCI)
- Computer Science
Students who are interested in participating in the Science Experience should submit an application for the Post-secondary Enrollment Options Program (PSEOP) to the Dual Enrollment Programs office by the deadline listed on the application. Students should also submit a Science Experience Request Form. Once a student is admitted, the Dual Enrollment Programs staff will coordinate with University faculty to determine the most appropriate placement for students based on their research interests. Students will be placed with a faculty member and will meet with the professor to determine a research schedule. The student should plan to spend 3 hours per week for 15 weeks per semester as part of the program. Students who successfully complete the Science Experience course will earn one credit hour of Kent State University credit.
Foreign Language Academy
This program is run through the Post Secondary Education Option Program (PSEOP).
- The program is intended for students with no prior knowledge of Chinese and Russian
- Students can receive up to 5 college credits
- Students live and study together in the Kent State Honors College (Johnson/Stopher Halls)
- Students study in a supportive, culture-rich environment
- Teachers are experienced professionals from local colleges and universities
- Students are provided with a laptop computer and all necessary software for the course of the program
- Students must participate in a follow-up academic year session consisting of distance learning and monthly Saturday sessions
If you are admitted into the Foreign Language Academy, you will have to set up your FlashLine account. All Kent State students have FlashLine accounts in which you will be able to see grades, check and receive emails, print schedules, and much more.