Apply Now to the Florence Semester
If you're ready to study in Florence, it's easy to get started. Admission is granted on a rolling basis as student applications materials are received, so the sooner you apply, the better.
To apply to Kent State University's Florence education abroad program, see the below requirements:
- Program Application can be downloaded below, requested via the contact form on the right side of the page, or copies are available in the Office of Global Education - 106 Van Campen Hall.
- $30.00 Application Fee: check or money order to cover the non-refundable application fee. Please make check payable to: OGE - Kent State University.
- Guest Student Application is required of all non-Kent State University students. Click HERE to visit.
- Official Transcripts covering all college/university work
- Letters of Recommendation: Two (2) from college/university faculty members who have have knowledge of your academic skills.
- Waiver of Liability
- Photographs: Six (6). Passport photos (2x2) size, trimmed and name on back. Photographs should have a light background. Unacceptable photos will be returned, and will delay your application process.
- Parental Permission Form is required of students who are under the age of majority in their state of residence (18 years of age in Ohio).
- Passport and Italian Student Visa: Passport, though not required with your application, must be on file with OGE before a participant can depart for Florence. Download the passport application. Italian Student Visa information will be sent to you upon acceptance into the program. There is no fee for the student visa and OGE will provide assistance in securing a visa.
Co-Hort Program Admission ContactsApproval for enrollment in specialized program courses will be based on student qualifications for the course involved, as determined by the respective program.
Students who wish to study Architecture/Interior Design, Communications, Fashion Design/Merchandising must apply through those programs.
- Architecture & Interior Design: David Thal (email@example.com) Global Education Coordinator
- Communications: Deborah Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org), CCI Adviser
- Fashion Design and Merchandising: Sherry Schofield-Tomschin (email@example.com), Study Away Coordinator
- International Business in partnership with George Washington University: Theresa Wallace (firstname.lastname@example.org), College of Business Adviser
- Teacher Education: Christine Connors (email@example.com), Academic Advisor