Why Kent State?
- Employers seek out our graduates.
- Most graduates have several job offers.
- Training grant opportunities related to children with severe and multiple disabilities.
- Over 100 near-by sites for externships and student teaching experiences.
- Consistently high scores on the national Praxis examination.
- Supportive faculty with strong national reputations.
- Small, quiet town near large metropolitan areas with extensive cultural opportunities.
100% of the students graduating in 2008 through 2011 who sought jobs are employed..
PRAXIS PASS RATE
100% of the students graduating in 2008 through 2011 passed the Praxis test. All but the occasional student passed on the first attempt.
PROGRAM COMPLETION RATE
Program completion rates are below. Our typical expected time frame for completion is two calendar years. However, some students shorten their program by a semester and others choose to extend their program (e.g., go part-time) for personal reasons. Ninety-two percent of the students who completed the program did so within the expected time frame. Of the 8 students who did not complete the program, seven withdrew for personal reasons.
Completed within time frame
Completed later than expected time frame
Did not complete
Students, faculty, staff, and persons served in the program’s clinic are treated in a nondiscriminatory manner, that is, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, participation restriction, age, sexual orientation, or status as a parent. The institution and program comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and executive orders pertaining thereto.
In a continual effort to improve the quality of our programs, a strategic plan for near-term changes has been approved and can be accessed by clicking here.