1. Name: Maggie Evans
2. Year: Senior, Integrated Science
3. Where are you from originally? Hubbard, Ohio
4. Are you a full- or part-time student? Full-time student
5. Are you working and/or volunteering in addition to taking classes? If so, where? I have two on campus jobs: Supplemental Instruction Leader for Chemistry and at the Financial Aid Office. I also have one off campus job at UniversiTee's in downtown Kent. I am currently the President of The National Society of Leadership and Success Kent State Chapter.
6. Favorite class and/or faculty member, and why? My favorite class is Organic Chemistry with my favorite professor Dr. Leslie. It is a challenging subject that requires creative thinking. Dr. Leslie does a great job of making it interesting and trying to get students involved!
7. Where do you see yourself after graduation? What is your dream job? I hope to be teaching Chemistry or Biology at the high school level while taking classes to get my Masters/Ph.D. to eventually become a college professor at Kent State!
8. What is your favorite activity to take part in on/off campus? I love running with my dog! It is great exercise and stress reliever.
9. What are some tips you can give to freshmen about getting involved on campus? Don't be afraid to get involved. It can be scary trying to find different groups or activities, but everyone is awesome. They want you to get involved in their organization as much as you want to be a part of them!
10. What are some study and/or time management tips you can give to freshmen? I have so many! A planner or two are the best ideas for time management, though. Mine is color coding, which makes things so much easier! As for studying, you need to find out what works for you. Don't procrastinate. It may seem like a good idea at the time, but it never is!