The doctoral program develops the skills of educators and professionals so they can better understand the educational issues affecting the nation and the world.
The program requires a set of core courses and an individually designed major program based on the career goals of the student.
Categories Students Fall Into
1. Students interested in becoming professors of cultural education
2. Current K–12 educators interested gaining more foundational knowledge to improve teaching
3. Those who wish to hold high-level positions in K–12 and higher education
4. Professionals wishing to make a career change to an educational setting, or assume a more educational responsibility in their current business setting
5. Students who wish to create an educational niche for themselves as boundary spanners specializing in analysis, problem solving, and resource identification and use.