- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
EHHS Diversity Committee
The Diversity Committee of the College of Education and Human Services was established in the Fall of 2003 to draft a Diversity Plan for the College. The Plan was submitted to the College and University in December of that year, and approved at all levels.
VISIOn for EHHS Diversity Committee
A community committed to social justice, equity, and inclusion.
Mission FOR EHHS DIVERSITY COMMITTEE
Advocating for the creation of social and political spaces; striving for justice and equity through critique; enhancing inclusivity by exploring and making explicit connections among Community members, Kent State University, and the community-at-large on all dimensions of identity.
Please note: The Office of Diversity Outreach and Development was established within the College of Education, Health and Human Services to provide outreach support and programs focused on increasing the success of students of color within our college at Kent State University. This office is located in 206 White Hall. Come visit us in our office or our website.
- Reviewed prior goals/documents from Diversity Committee
- Created a NEW Diversity Committee Vision
- Created a NEW Diversity Committee Mission
- Dialogued with Edward Collins regarding the university scorecard and university-wide climate assessent
- In accordance with the EHHS Handbook, invited an undergraduate student and classified staff member to join the Committee.
- To create a process inviting more graduate/undergraduate students, faculty, classified staff, and community members.
- Facilitated two focus groups with faculty and students (a total of 44 people attended these events) regarding how they understood dimensions of identity (i.e., race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion/beliefs/faith, ability (mental, physical, social, emotional), social class, native language, immigration status, family structure, ideologies, veteran status, and others)
- In order to not be duplicative with the university's campus climate survey, the Committee decided to conduct a content analysis of syllabi within the college in the 2015-2016 school year.
- Attendees from the critical dialogues in White Hall in April of 2015 stressed the need for a prayer room for students who identify as Muslim. This suggestion was shared with the Dean in the spring of 2015.
- Attendees from the critical dialogues also requested spaces for students, faculty, and administrative staff to have voice regarding ways to increase critical consciousness throughout the college.