Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Steps to Apply:
1. Consider required and preferred characteristics
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or greater is preferred (any post-baccalaureate work will be taken into consideration when interpreting GPA).
2. Contact the appropriate faculty member to discuss application.
Susan Iverson (College Teaching)
Martha Merrill (International)
3. Prepare and submit the following:
- Apply Online for Certificate
- Personal Statement and Resume – Form for Statement of Goals
- Two Letters of Reference – Form for Letters of Reference
- Official Transcripts
- $30 Application fee paid by cash or check
Submit all materials to:
Division of Graduate Studies
650 Hilltop Dr.
Kent State University
Kent, OH 44242
We encourage you to check with the GSS office at 330-672-2661 to make certain all of your materials are complete and have been received. Once a completed file has been forwarded to the program adviser, the applicant will be contacted to discuss the file and/or schedule an interview. We make every effort to consider each application and make a decision in a time frame that respects both your and our schedule. However, please plan to have your application completed well in advance of the semester you wish to begin taking coursework.