Salute to Excellence Award
Each year two students are selected to represent the Hospitality Management Program at the National Restaurant Association's Annual Salute to Excellence program in Chicago. The program consists of a daylong workshop and a recognition dinner. Two awards of $500 will be given each year. Students selected must be committed to attending the National Restaurant Association Show in Chicago. Expenses for the trip may exceed the amount of the award, depending on time spent in Chicago and selected transportation.
- Students must be a declared major in hospitality management
- Junior standing in the program after spring term (cannot be graduating sooner than December following attendance at the Salute to Excellence)
- Minimum GPA of 2.70
- Work experience in hospitality industry
- Leadership activities
Greater Cleveland Chapter of Club Managers Association of America (CMAA) – Future Club Manager Scholarship
This award was established to financially support members of the Kent State University CMAA Student Chapter (hyperlink to CMAA organization page) who are pursuing a bachelor degree. One $300 scholarships will be awarded to qualified applicants each year depending on available funds.
- Member of Kent State CMAA Student Chapter for a minimum of one year with regular participation and leadership in Student Chapter meetings and other activities.
- Minimum GPA of 2.50
- Full-time student at KSU pursuing a bachelor's degree in a field of study appropriate to support a career in club management
- Minimum of one semester remaining before graduation
- Letter of application stating qualifications for scholarship and future career goals
- Resume, including work experience and CMAA Student Chapter involvement
- Official University transcript
- Faculty reference
- Club manager reference
Linerode-Irmiter Hospitality Management Scholarship
Mrs. Doris Linerode Irmiter and Dr. Theodore Irmiter established this award to support the HFSM program. Dr. Irmiter was a former Director of the School of Family and Consumer Studies. Two $500 - $750 scholarships are awarded each year.
- Admission in a professional HM program
- Native born U.S. citizen
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Leadership in Food Service
- Work experience in hospitality food service
- Commitment to principles and practices of HM
Frances Schwebel Solomon Food Service Management Scholarship
This award was established in 1996 by Mrs. Frances Schwebel Solomon to support students in the hospitality food service management program. The scholarship is intended to encourage students who have demonstrated the capacity to achieve educational and professional goals, the motivation to achieve these goals and the initiative to seek opportunities to further their progress. One or two awards may be given annually at an amount of $600–$1200. APPLICATION DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 1.
- Students studying HM, freshmen preferred
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Recommendations from faculty, work experience in food service, extracurricular activities
Industry Sources for Student Scholarships