The learning outcomes are supportive of the program goals. Graduates of the didactic program in dietetics will:
- Demonstrate the ability to use oral and written communication skills effectively.
- Acquire knowledge of physical and biological sciences and be able to apply their knowledge to nutrition practice.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret current research and develop critical thinking skills.
- Apply knowledge and skills necessary to plan and evaluate menus and diets of individuals/groups to promote nutritional health and well-being.
- Acquire knowledge of food safety and food production and demonstrate skills necessary for quantity food production and management of a facility.
- Acquire knowledge and skills required for enrollment in a supervised practice program.