How to Meet an Advisor
Students are required to meet with an advisor once each semester (freshmen and sophomores) or once per year (juniors and seniors).
Appointments are conducted in person in 304 White Hall or in the Gym Annex (see information at left about 'Advising in the Annex). If you live more than an hour away, work during our office hours, or are a regional campus student, you can do an appointment by phone. When you schedule the appointment, type in the comments that you'll be calling in for the appointment. After scheduling the appointment, you will call the office at 330-672-2862 at your appointment time. Please have internet access and a computer ready for your appointment.
Every student will have a one-hour advising appointment for their initial/first appointment with the advisor assigned based on major. After the initial one-hour advising appointment, most appointments thereafter will be 30 minutes in length. Appointments begin at 9 a.m. Monday through Friday with the last appointment of the day at 4 p.m. (noon on Fridays).
An on-call advisor is available in 304 White Hall and by calling 330-672-2862 from 9-noon and 1:30-4 on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays every week during Fall and Spring semesters, plus the week before the start of the Fall and Spring semesters. This will be an on-going quick question type of advising session, a "5-minute advisor" to respond to quick questions (instead of scheduling a regular advising appointment). Issues that require pulling a student file and/or maintaining confidentiality will be required to either schedule a walk-in appointment or regular appointment, depending upon the situation.
ANNOUNCEMENT:Walk-in advising will be offered Tuesday, March 18 and Thursday, March 20 instead of Wednesday, March 19
- Come to 304 White Hall
- All walk-in sign-ups are on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Limited to 15 minutes maximum
- Perfect for quick questions that do not require a full appointment
- Example: "Should I drop a course?", "What is the Praxis exam?"
- A walk-in appointment does NOT replace the required advising appointment
When are Walk-ins available?
- Monday - Friday the Week Before Every Semester and First Two Weeks of the Semester
- Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday during registration ("My Time to Register" Dates for both Fall and Spring Semesters)
Walk-in Wednesdays (during non-Registration)
9 a.m. - Noon and 1:30 - 4 p.m.
- Students are taken in the order on the sign-up sheet
The on-call and walk-in schedules may be subject to change.