How to Meet Advisor
Students are required to meet with an advisor once each semester (freshmen and sophomores) or once per year (juniors and seniors).
Appointments are conducted in 304 White Hall either in person or via phone (students call the office at 330-672-2862 at their appointment time) or in the Gym Annex (see information at left about 'Advising in the Annex).
Every student will have a one-hour advising appointment for their initial/first appointment with the advisor assigned based on major. After the initial one-hour advising appointment, most appointments thereafter will be 30 minutes in length. Appointments begin at 9 a.m. Monday through Friday with the last appointment of the day at 4 p.m. (noon on Fridays).
An on-call advisor is available in 304 White Hall and by calling 330-672-2862 from 9-noon and 1:30-4 on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays every week starting the week before the semester starts. This will be an on-going quick question type of advising session, a "5-minute advisor" to respond to quick questions (instead of scheduling a regular advising appointment). Issues that require pulling a student file and/or maintaining confidentiality will be required to either schedule a walk-in appointment or regular appointment, depending upon the situation.
- Come to 304 White Hall
- All walk-in sign-ups are on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Limited to 15 minutes maximum
- Perfect for quick questions that do not require a full appointment
- Example: "Should I drop a course?", "What is the Praxis exam?"
- A walk-in appointment does NOT replace the required advising appointment
When are Walk-ins available?
- Monday - Friday the Week Before Every Semester and First Two Weeks of the Semester
- Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday During Registration (for both Fall and Spring Semesters)
Walk-in Wednesdays (during non-Registration)
9 a.m. - Noon and 1:30 - 4 p.m.
- Students are taken in the order on the sign-up sheet
The on-call and walk-in schedules may be subject to change.