Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

How Will My Courses Transfer to KSU?

Whether you are a new transfer student to KSU or you are a current KSU student and planning on taking courses as a transient student at another institution and having them sent back to KSU, you can find out how your courses will transfer to KSU using the Course Applicability System (CAS), which can be found at:
  1. Click "Equivalencies by School."
  2. Select Kent State University as the institution to which the credits will transfer.
  3. Select the state where you want to take the course.
  4. Check the box next to the institution where you want to take the course.
    1. Be sure to check the box next to the institution in the year that you will take the course. In most cases, choose the 'present' option.
  5. Scroll to the top of the page and click "Add Schools."
  6. Click "Create Guide."
  7. Now you have an equivalency guide. Use the drop-down menu under KSU to navigate the courses by code names/numbers.
    1. For example, by selecting ENG under KSU, you can see that ENG 11011 is equivalent to ENGL 1110 or ENGL 1111 at Lakeland Community College.
* Please note: If you are taking courses as a transient student, you are limited to 18 hours of transient work. Also, you must be in good academic standing to be approved for transient work.