Welcome to the Vacca Office of Student Services
Welcome to the Office of Student Services located in room 304 White Hall. The VOSS provides advising, field and student teaching placement coordination, and other services as noted below.
The mission of the Vacca Office of Student Services (VOSS) is to provide the highest level of service and support to students, faculty, administrators, alumni and the larger community. As partners in the academic success of students, the VOSS staff strives to be responsive to the needs of its students and at the same time uphold the academic standards and professional integrity of Kent State University, and outside agencies and accrediting groups. We work together as a team to be knowledgeable, helpful, efficient, and consistent, yet understanding of the diversity of students we serve.
The advising staff help you:
- Plan your coursework
- Outline and complete your Admission to Advanced Study requirements (teacher candidates only)
- Process your graduation and licensure applications
- Evaluate your transcript
- Find resources to support your academic success
The advising staff recommend that you meet with an academic advisor in 304 White Hall) at least once a semester, and work with your faculty advisor to learn about specialized courses in your specific program area.
Schedule Advising Appointment
The field/student teaching staff help teacher candidates:
- Learn about the placement process for field experience observation for selected courses in your program area
- Understand the process of applying for student teaching on-line and consider one of the following options for a student teaching placement:
- Over 130 public school districts in Northeast Ohio
- Out of state public school districts in Collier and Lee Counties, Florida; Clear Creek (Houston), Texas; and Paradise Valley, Arizona
- 16 countries through the Consortium for Overseas Student Teaching (COST) program
- Selected Schools for the Deaf in the U.S. (if you are a deaf education or educational interpreting major)
- Link to the Career Services Center for Spring Teacher Interview Day, job search assistance and discussing career options
We hope that you will visit us often and learn about ways to make the most of your time in EHHS. We wish you much success in your academic and professional journey.
Alicia Crowe, Ph.D.
Interim Associate Dean for Student Services