Goodyear Endows Two Business Scholarships at Kent State University
Kent State University’s College of Business Administration announced that two endowed scholarship funds have been established by The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company in honor of its retired Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Charles J. Pilliod.read more
Salary Increase Announced for Unrepresented EmployeesPosted July 29, 2013
The Board of Trustees on June 27 approved the operating budget for FY 2014. The budget included funding for 2 percent salary increases for classified and unclassified employees not represented by a union. This across-the-board pay increase will become effective on Sept. 1 for eligible employees. The Division of Human Resources has provided the following noteworthy dates as the salary increases are applied:
Classified Employee Pay Increase Timetable
- The pay increase will take effect Aug. 25, 2013, since it is the start of the pay period that includes Sept. 1, 2013. The increase will be reflected in the Sept. 20, 2013 paycheck.
- Employees hired on or after Aug. 25, 2013, will not be eligible for the increase.
- Upon completion of a probationary period, employees hired between May 1, 2013 and Aug. 24, 2013, will be eligible for the pay increase.
- To be eligible for a pay increase, classified employees must have a current satisfactory, signed performance evaluation on file in Human Resources. Employees who receive an overall performance rating of “needs to improve” on their evaluation will not receive any pay increase until they reach the “Usually Meets” level of performance.
Unclassified Employees Pay Increase Timetable
- Pay increases for unclassified employees are effective Sept. 1, 2013, and will be reflected in the Sept. 15, 2013 paycheck.
- Employees hired on or after June 1, 2013, will not be eligible for the increase.
- Employees with promotions, market and/or salary adjustments effective on or after June 1, 2013, will not be eligible for the merit increase.
- Continuing and intermittent unclassified employees will automatically be eligible for this pay increase. Grant funded and term positions will be determined on a case-by-case basis by the applicable department and approved by the appropriate appointing authority.
- To be eligible for a pay increase, unclassified employees must have a current satisfactory, signed performance evaluation on file in Human Resources. Employees who receive an overall rating of “Unsatisfactory” on their performance evaluation will not receive any pay increase.
The salary increase is just one part of your overall compensation package, which also includes university contributions for health benefits, retirement plans, tuition waiver, vacation and sick leave. For questions regarding compensation, please contact the Compensation office at 330-672-3107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.