Kent State Graduate Student Receives Scholarship from the Ohio Association of Advanced Practice Nurses
Ashley Watson, Kent State University graduate nursing student, was selected as one of the 2013 recipients of the Ohio Association of Advanced Practice Nurses (OAAPN) scholarship.read more
Kent State Peace Basket Project Needs VolunteersPosted Nov. 25, 2013
Kent State University faculty, staff and students are invited to join in creating Holiday Peace Baskets on Saturday, Dec. 7, between 9 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. at the King Kennedy Center, 6660 Garfield Rd., Ravenna. Two shifts will run on that day, from 9-11 a.m., and from 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
This activity, now in its 17th year, created more than 120 gift baskets for needy families in the area last year. Donations such as kitchen items, personal grooming items, school supplies and small stocking stuffers for children will be assembled into decorated baskets and boxes and will be distributed to the residents that the King Kennedy Center services during the center’s Christmas party.
The following Holiday Helpers are needed:
- As a Prep Elf: Volunteers are needed on Friday, Dec. 6, noon to 3 p.m. at the King Kennedy Center to prepare for the basket assembly day.
- As an Elf: Join in a continental breakfast and help to assemble baskets and boxes of needed items on Saturday, Dec. 7, at the King Kennedy Center. Breakfast and decorating materials will be provided.
- As an Absentee Angel: Donate a $10 holiday-helper fee to be used toward the purchase of shrink wrapping, gift bags, ribbons and bows. You’ll be with us in spirit.
- As Santa’s Shopper: Donate items to be used to fill the baskets, such as toiletries, personal grooming products, small stocking stuffers (socks, jewelry, nail polish, stuffed animals, small toys, books or other children’s items), kitchen items and school supplies. For men: cologne, socks, caps and hats, games for teenagers and other young men's items. Shoe boxes wrapped with holiday paper and other items can be taken to the drop off points listed below.
- As a Holiday Knitter: Hand-knitted or crocheted scarves and caps for kids will be accepted.
The Professional Women of Kent State is asking that all items to be donated be dropped off at the Office of the Vice President – Enrollment Management and Student Affairs, Room 250 at the Kent Student Center beginning Nov. 25.
For more information about the Peace Basket Project, contact Barb Boltz at 330-672-1306 or email@example.com.