Open Enrollment 2011 is Underway
The Open Enrollment period for eligible faculty and staff to select medical, insurance and other benefits-related options for 2011 started yesterday (Oct. 17) and will run through Monday, Nov. 8.read more
Diversity Trainings OfferedPosted Oct. 18, 2010
A series of five classes and a faculty search workshop are being offered to the university community this fall.
Instructor-led workshops starting in September 2010 include:
- Americans with Disabilities: Your Rights as an Employee
- Diversity: Basic 101
- Understanding Yourself and Others: Learn your Diverse Work Style
- Diversity in the Workplace: Generational Differences
- Sexual Harassment
Questions related to the five workshops should be directed to Belinda Duncan, manager, Equal Opportunity and Diversity Training, at 330-672-8130 or email@example.com or sign up online at www.kent.edu/hr/register.
How to Conduct a Diverse Faculty Search Workshop
The purpose of the workshop is to give deans, chairs and hiring officials exactly what the title of the workshop promises: Effective and Efficient Techniques on How to Diversify the Faculty and Conduct Your Search.
Workshop goals are:
- Provide effective and efficient techniques on how to diversify the faculty
- Provide tools that can be used to attract a diverse candidate pool
- Debunk commonly held myths
- Examine hiring biases
- Learn how to create a welcoming environment
Registration is required and can be completed online at www.kent.edu/hr/register. Questions related to this workshop should be directed to Judith Brooks, manager, Faculty Recruitment and Retention at 330-672-8312 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For these trainings, there are no deadlines and participants will be prompted on registration and session availability.