Leadership Certificate Objectives
Objectives of the Leadership Certificate Program
- To develop characteristics, habits, skills and understanding necessary for leadership in the Twenty First Century.
- To integrate academic theory with practical experiences.
- To promote campus and community involvement and relationships.
- To increase awareness of the importance of leadership in modern society.
- To enhance skills in dealing with cross-cultural, community and work-related challenges.
- To increase awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement.
- To practice various dimensions of leadership and "followership".
- To learn specific tactics and strategies for working more effectively within Kent State University and beyond.
- To promote an increased sense of civic and community responsibility.
- To provide opportunities for students to explore and understand the interrelationships among society, communities, teams, and individuals.
- To provide a competitive advantage in job and career development.