Leadership Certificate Requirements
Course RequirementsStudents must complete 15 hours of coursework. This includes six (6) hours of required courses-- "Principles of Management" and "Learning to Lead"-- and a minimum of nine (9) hours from course electives.
"Learning to Lead" is a weeklong residential experience offered during the semester break periods. The course focuses on team building and offers participants the opportunity to do an intense self-assessment and thus come to a better understanding of how they impact others. "Learning to Lead" also contains a service-learning and mentoring component.
- One semester supervised leadership practicum (50 hours, on or off-campus, must be approved by mentor) and reflection paper.
- Participation in 80 hours of supervised community service. A written summary and reflection of the experience(s) are required.
- Thirty hours of attendance at leadership development workshops.
- Development of leadership portfolio to include documentation such as written reflections and leadership course- related papers.
- Successful review of portfolio by faculty and staff.
- A 2.5 cumulative grade point average is required for completion of the Certificate Program.