Off-Campus Federal Work Study
Thank you for your interest in the Federal Work-Study Off-Campus Employment program at Kent State University. The program is focused on providing opportunities for students to work in community service positions in the surrounding community. Current Off-Campus Partners include: Akron Urban League, Coleman Professional Services, Family and Community Services, Freedom House, King Kennedy Community Center, Place of Peace, Project Grad and Shelter Services. In order to provide students with solid work opportunities, the following has been established.
- Will provide opportunities for students to engage in meaningful community service functions, with preference given to positions involving direct service;
- Are committed to a long-term relationship with Kent State to provide student employment opportunities;
- Will provide opportunities for students to work in positions with strong supervisory/mentoring relationships
- Understand and are willing to work within the constraints created by the flexible scheduling needs of the student; and
- Understand that FWS eligibility is based on a student's need, not on skills or talent, and are willing to assist less qualified individuals gain the necessary skills to succeed.
- Students can access a list of off-campus Federal Work Study jobs by visiting the Career Services website.
- Will be committed to using the work experience as an opportunity to impact the communities surrounding our campus through work at local non-profits or government agencies
- Will attend all training, complete reflection requirements, and evaluations to develop leadership skills and for individual personal development
- Work within the guidelines of the federal work study program
Contact Ann Gosky for additional information.
Quality Initiative & Curriculum