- M.A. in English or equivalent
- 2.75 overall GPA
- 3.00 in previous English courses
Here is the general procedure for all applications:
A. Complete the Kent State University Online Application:
- Start at the Kent State Admissions Application site: Apply Now
- At this page scroll down to and click on Graduate Admissions if you are an international student, click on "International Admissions."
- At this page ("Step 1), select the degree program type you are applying to: i.e. masters or doctoral.
- Read and follow the instructions under Step 2.
Domestic student applications are processed through "Graduate Studies (GS)" and all required materials should be sent directly to these addresses:Graduate Studies (GS)
650 Hilltop Drive
Kent State UniversityKent OH 44242-0001
International student applications are all processed through the Office of Global Education (OGE):
Office of Global Education (OGE)
650 Hilltop Drive
B. Your Application will require these materials, sent to GS (or OGE if international applicant):
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Transcripts must be sent directly by your current institution's Registrar to the appropriate address above. Additional information (such as guidelines for the Statement of Goals) is posted under each program in the department (use links below).
5. Proceed to Step 3 which is apply now. Follow the instructions on the subsequent pages. (You may complete part of the application and return later to complete it if you need to do so: information will be saved.)
- 3 letters of recommendation (referees mail letters directly)
- GRE scores (general test only)
- Transcripts from all colleges attended (sent directly by your registrar)
- Statement of Focus or Goals (200-500 words; submit by pasting into online application form or by mailing)
- Writing sample.
- Application Fee (Submit online)
C. Review Application Status: After you have submitted your application, you can always go back to Apply Now (login link at bottom of page) to view the status of your application to view which materials have been received and what is still missing from your application. Only completed applications will be considered for admission and/or assistantships. Application Deadlines:
- Deadline for receipt of all application materials is January 15th. Please note that application materials, including transcripts, letters of recommendation, and GRE scores can take up to 6 weeks to reach and be processed by Graduate Admissions. Applicants are encouraged to begin the application process well in advance of the deadline.
Graduate Application Contact Information:
Interim Graduate Coordinator
Graduate Studies (GS)
Office Global Education (OGE)
Van Campen Hall