Internships & Careers
The English Department Writing Internship Program provides opportunities for students to gain experience in real-life writing situations. This program allows students to earn upper-division credit hours and to learn outside the classroom.
Students involved in the internship programs gain valuable experience both in career development and in their development as writers. For more information on internships offered by the English Department, follow the links below.
Many students ask "What Can I Do With This Major?"
- Graduate work in English, comparative literature, education, and library science
- Professional study in business, law, and medicine
- Entry-level positions in many industries, such as advertising, banking, public relations, and insurance
- Editing, book publishing, and promotion
- State and federal civil services
For a helpful information, see KSU's Career Services Center.