Our Core Values
Kent State is a supportive and inclusive learning community devoted to teaching excellence, first-tier scholarship and academic freedom. Together, these core values are at the center of all that we do across the eight campuses of Kent State University. To fulfill our mission, we value:
- Student success through diverse and stimulating learning environments that provide opportunities for every student to reach her or his potential.
- Access to instructional, intellectual and cultural resources for a broad constituency.
- Collaborations and partnerships with other institutions, organizations and communities to bring together diverse talents, experiences and resources.
- Discovery, creativity and innovation in scholarship and research that advance the frontiers of knowledge.
- Higher education as a powerful force for personal, social and global change.
- Academic freedom as the foundation necessary for critical inquiry in a democratic society.
- Integrity in all of our actions and communications.
- Our identity as a comprehensive, multicampus, public research university with a distinctive heritage and a commitment to service.
- Diverse backgrounds, cultures, lifestyles and ideas.
- Fiscal responsibility in decision making to support access to an affordable college education.
Approved by the Board of Trustees, November 2007