- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
Paris American Academy
Kent State Fashion School/Paris American Academy Program:
During the summer, fashion design and merchandising students may earn six (6) Kent State credits while taking approved Fashion School courses at the Paris American Academy (PAA), in Paris, France. The month-long program, held in July, includes field trips, on-site experiences, hands-on workshops, lectures, and activities designed to expand an understanding of fashion. The PAA strongly believes in promoting international education as essential to "future global co-operation and understanding."
2017 PROGRAM DATES
(These are tentative dates.)
Design and merchandising majors of sophomore, junior or senior academic standing are eligible to apply for the Summer 2016 KSU PAA Program. Participants must have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA, upon commitment to the program.
COURSE OFFERINGS AND REQUIREMENTS
Program provides 6 credits for FDM Electives or Support Core Electives for FD. Learning experiences include:
Fashion Merchandising and Communications Specialization:
- European Fashion Marketing, FDM 35902 (3 credits)
- European Fashion Marketing Seminar, FDM 35903 (3 credits)
Fashion Design majors choose from one of two Specializations: Design Process OR Couture Techniques.
Courses for both Specializations include:
- European Fashion Design Seminar, FDM 35905 (3 credits)
- European Fashion Design, FDM 35904 (3 credits)
- $2,736 Estimated Tuition (Ohio-Resident), $4908 Estimated Tuition (Non-Ohio Resident)
- $1,300 Program Fee
Located within 1 mile of the school, in the Latin Quarter. Housing is arranged by the PAA. Students pay housing costs directly to the PAA. Housing options include:
- Shared, private furnished apartment: $2,100
- Shared, three star hotel twin room: $2,600
- Single, three star hotel single room: $4,800
You may also visit the Paris American Academy website, in reference to the summer program offerings, at http://parisamericanacademy.fr.
HOW TO ENROLL
Deadline to secure enrollment is February 1, 2017. Please download the program flyer for instructions and further program details.
Students from other colleges and universities must be enrolled at KSU as a guest student. Guest students should consult their academic advisor from their home institution to determine how this experience will count toward their degree.
Guest students must also complete and submit the Transient Admission Application form (including $10 application fee) to apply for Guest Student Status. Guest students will receive an official letter from Kent State University verifying admittance to Kent State. This letter also includes information on setting up your Kent State student account.
Guest students may request a transcript to send to their home school via the Kent State University Registrar.
Through the generous support of the Bob Broadbent International Scholarship Fund, The Fashion School is pleased to offer one (1) $3,000, merit-based scholarship to apply towards the Paris American Academy (PAA)/Fashion School July program. Complete the Fashion School Scholarship Application to apply for the PAA scholarship.