Students who will receive an outside scholarship, grant, or other resource that will assist them in paying their education related expenses (tuition, room, board, books, travel, miscellaneous and personal expenses) must report that information annually to the Student Financial Aid Office.
If you will receive an outside scholarship, grant, or other resource not listed on your FlashLine account, from an organization other than Kent State University, during the Summer 2014, Fall 2014, Spring 2015 semesters, please provide the name of the resource and the amount you will receive each semester. You do not need to include gifts from friends, relatives, or scholarships that were awarded to you by Kent State University.
View outside resources in FlashLine
- Login to your FlashLine Account at www.kent.edu
- Select the Student Tools tab at the top of the page
- Under the My Account section, choose Financial Aid
- Select Award
- Select Aid for Award Year
- Choose the appropriate Award Year from the drop-down menu and click the Submit button
- Click on the Resources/Additional Information tab
Outside scholarships can affect a student’s existing financial aid package. Typically, this happens only if a student is receiving a large number of scholarships that exceed the cost of the student’s tuition, room and/or board. Students in this situation will usually see a reduction in the amount they can borrow in a Federal Direct Student or Parent PLUS loan. Students cannot receive two scholarships that cover the same expense in its entirety or when combined exceed that expense. For example a student cannot receive two tuition scholarships that exceed the cost of tuition. To find out if an outside scholarship will change a student’s financial aid or scholarship offer, please feel free to contact the Student Financial Aid Office.
Students must provide the following information:
- Student ID
- Student Name
- Name of Scholarship
- Name of Organization making the award
- Amount you will receive in Summer 2014, Fall 2015, and/or Spring 2015