Report Outside Scholarships/Resources
Students who will receive an outside scholarship, grant, or other resource that will assist them in paying their education related expenses (tuition, room, board, books, travel, miscellaneous and personal expenses) must report that information annually to the Student Financial Aid Office. You do not need to include gifts from friends, relatives, or scholarships that were awarded to you by Kent State University.
Students can report an outside scholarship, grant or other resource to Kent State University by the following methods:
- Submit documentation of the scholarship to the Student Financial Aid Office via email, fax, mail or in-person. Documentation must include the name of the resource and the amount the student will receive each semester.
- Submit the scholarship check to the Bursar's Office.
- Complete the Outside Resources Form online (below).
It is only necessary to report an outside scholarship, grant or other resource one time per academic year using one of the methods above.
Please note: If completing the Incoming Freshman or Sophomore Scholarship Match application, physical documentation is required (a letter, certificate, or copy of the check from the organization making the award). Reporting outside scholarships, grants, or resources using the online form below is insufficient for the Scholarship Match application.
Students must provide the following information:
- Student ID
- Student Name
- Name of Scholarship
- Name of Organization making the award
- Amount you will receive in Summer 2016, Fall 2016 and/or Spring 2017
Outside scholarships can affect a student’s existing financial aid package. Typically, this happens only if a student is receiving a large number of scholarships that exceed the cost of the student’s tuition, room and/or board. Students in this situation will usually see a reduction in the amount they can borrow in a Federal Direct Student or Parent PLUS loan. Students cannot receive two scholarships that cover the same expense in its entirety or when combined exceed that expense. For example a student cannot receive two tuition scholarships that exceed the cost of tuition. To find out if an outside scholarship will change a student’s financial aid or scholarship offer, please feel free to contact the Student Financial Aid Office.
View outside resources in FlashLine
- Login to your FlashLine Account at www.kent.edu
- Go to the Student / Finances
- In the Financial Aid section Select Award
- Select Aid for Award Year
- Choose the appropriate Award Year from the drop-down menu and click the Submit button
- Click on the Resources/Additional Information tab