The Admissions Office accepts applications for eleven freshman scholarships. Nine scholarships for returning Kent Campus Students are administered by the Student Financial Aid Office.
Applications & Forms
upper-class scholarship programs & Kent Campus incoming freshmen
- 2017-2018 Student Financial Aid Scholarship Application
- 2016-2017 Student Financial Aid Scholarship Application
- 2016-2017 KSU Freshman Scholarship Match Program Application (PDF)
- 2017-2018 KSU Freshman Scholarship Match Program Application
- 2016-2017 KSU Sophomore Scholarship Match Program Application (PDF)
- 2017-2018 KSU Sophomore Scholarship Match Program Application
- Apply for admission and be considered for Kent Campus freshman scholarships
- View list of freshman scholarships you will be considered for by applying for admission
Students who will receive an outside scholarship, grant, or other resource that will assist them in paying their education related expenses (tuition, room, board, books, travel, miscellaneous and personal expenses) must report that information annually to the Student Financial Aid Office.
For students who are current recipients of a Kent State University "named" scholarship (i.e. The Mel B. Mellis Medallion Founders Scholarship). A named scholarship is a scholarship that is privately funded by either an individual donor, organization or foundation.
Scholarship Match Program
The Kent State University Freshman and Sophomore Scholarship Match Programs will match any outside scholarship that an incoming freshman or sophomore brings to Kent State for the fall semester or the academic year, up to a total of $1,000.