Summer Financial Aid Request Form
Are you planning on taking summer classes at Kent State University? If so, in addition to applying for student aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you are also required to complete the Kent State University Summer 2016 Financial Aid Request Form. This form allows us to collect additional information to accurately award your student aid for the summer. Please click on the link below to complete the online summer application.
Effective July 31, 2016 this Online application will no longer be available for applying for Summer 2016 financial aid.
Summer Financial Aid Requirements
- Using grants, scholarships, loans, or work study during the summer may decrease your fall/spring aid.
- Processing of the Summer Aid Request begins in the month of April.
- Please check your Financial Aid Status within FlashLine for the status of your Summer Aid Request.
To Apply for Summer Financial Aid You Must:
- Completed the 2016-2017 FAFSA
- Complete the Summer Aid Request Form
- New Direct Student and Parent Loan Borrowers must complete Entrance Loan Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN) at www.studentloans.gov.
Review instructions for signing the MPN
- Be enrolled in summer courses (awarding will be based on actual enrolled hours at the time your application is processed)
Before Summer Financial Aid can be processed and disbursed
- You must be in compliance with the Academic Progress Policy
- If selected for verification, all requested documents must be submitted and processed
- You must be enrolled in six credit hours for use of loans (4 hours for graduate students)
- If you change your Summer credit hours after the Student Financial Aid Office processes your Summer Aid Request, you must notify our office as this change may or may not result in adjustments to your financial aid awards.
- Withdrawal of hours after financial aid has been disbursed may result in a reduction of financial aid
- If repeating a course, review regulation regarding financial aid.
- If you indicate that you will graduate in August or December, your Federal Direct Loan will be prorated based on your enrolled credit hours. If you do not graduate, you must notify us to be reviewed for awarding in subsequent semester(s).
Summer Enrollment Requirements
|Type of Aid||Undergraduate (Min. Credit Req.)||Graduate (Min. Credit Req.)|
|Federal Pell Grant||1||Not Eligible|
|Federal TEACH Grant||1||1|
|Federal Direct Loan||6||4|
|Federal Parent PLUS Loan||6||Not Eligible|
|Federal Graduate PLUS Loan||Not Eligible||4|
|Federal Work Study*||6||6|
|Ohio College Opportunity Grant||1||Not Eligible|
|Pennsylvania State Grant||6||Not Eligible|
*Enrollment not required during summer (eligibility may be limited)
**May vary depending on scholarship
Disbursement of Summer Aid
Financial aid for summer will be disbursed on June 4, 2016 for intersession, session 1, and session 2. If you are enrolled in session 3 only, financial aid will disburse on July 8, 2016. At the time of disbursement, you must meet all enrollment and compliance requirements for all summer aid you have been awarded.