Pursuant to University Policy 3342-5-15, the Office of General Counsel has created this site to assist faculty and staff in managing University records for which they are responsible. The University has adopted the records retention schedules recommended by the Inter-University Council (IUC). You will also find General Schedules adopted by the University for routine types of records. Records listed in the General Schedules may be disposed of without approval of the Office of General Counsel. All other records for which you seek destruction require the approval of the Office of General Counsel and the University Archivist.
How to Navigate this Site:
- Click on Records Retention in the gray menu on the left side of this page;
- This will give you a list of the records by area that you can search.
- The General Schedule is a summary of the base records retention schedule;
- The Record Destruction form is to be used when a record reaches the end of its schedule and must be destroyed. Use your FlashLine user name and password to access the form.
- You can also use the search function to find a particular records database.
- For questions specific to e-mail retention, please read the FAQs.
Contacts for Public Records Information:
Stephen H. Paschen