Minor in Geology
The Minor in Geology is designed specifically for those who have a primary interest in a field that can be complemented by a basic knowledge of geological concepts. The minor can be of particular benefit to students majoring in Anthropology, Environmental Law, Architecture, Leisure Studies, Business, Political Science, Geography, Journalism and other liberal arts or science fields.
Please contact the undergraduate advisor in Geology for assistance customizing a Geology minor to complement your academic interests.
Prerequisites and/or Corequisites
Most upper-division Geology classes have prerequisites, many of which will be satisfied by majors in other sciences. Please consult the current version of the undergraduate course catalog for details.
- At least 21 semester credits of approved coursework must be completed successfully.
- Course graded on an S/U basis may not be applied to the minor.
- No more than three hours of GEOL 40096, Individual Investigation, may be applied to the minor.
- Does not require completion of GEOL 41092, Summer Field Camp.
- Either BSCI 10110 Biological Diversity (4) or BSCI 20560 Invertebrate Zoology (4) is recommended as a pre/corequisite for GEOL 34061 Invertebrate Paleontology (4).
- CHEM 10060 General Chemistry I (4) is a pre/corequisite for GEOL 23063 Earth Materials I (4).
| Choose one from:
| Earth Dynamics
|Plus||18 elective GEOL credits which may include any non-Core Geology course at the 20000-level or higher.
Please see the Courses Offered page for the planned course schedule.