GIS Related Publications
Methods for Health and Hazards Research
- Mills, J.W., Curtis, A., and J. Upperman (2012) Using a Geographic Information System (GIS) to Assess Pediatric Surge Potential after an Earthquake Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness 6 163-169
- Aubrecht, C., S. Freire, C. Neuhold, A. Curtis, K. Steinnocher (2012) Introducing a temporal component in spatial vulnerability analysis. Disaster Advances 5(2) 48-53
- Mills, J.W., Curtis, A., Pine, J., Kennedy, B., Jones, F., Ramani, R. and D. Bausch. (2008) The clearinghouse concept: a model for geospatial data centralization and dissemination in a disaster Disasters: The Journal of Disaster Studies, Policy and Management32(3): 467-479
- Blackburn, J.K., Curtis, A., Currin Mujica, F., Jones, F., Dorn, P. and R. Coates (2008) The development of the Chagas’ Online Data Entry System (CODES-GIS), Transactions in GIS 12(2): 249-265.
- Mills, J.W. and A. Curtis (2008) Geospatial approaches for disease risk communication in marginalized communities. Progress in Community Health Partnerships Research, Education and Action 2 (1): 61-72.
- Kent, J., Leitner, M. and A. Curtis (2006) Evaluating the usefulness of functional distance measures when calibrating journey-to-crime distance decay algorithms Computers, Environment and Urban Systems 30(2): 181-200.
- Curtis, A (1999) Using a spatial filter and a geographic information system to improve rabies surveillance data Journal of Emerging Infectious Disease 5(5): 603-606.
- Curtis, A. and J. Mills (2009) GIS, Human Geography and Disasters University Readers
- Curtis, A. and M. Leitner (2006) Geographical Information Systems and Public Health: Eliminating Perinatal Disparity IGP/INFOSCI/IRM Press Hershey-London-Melbourne-Singapore-Beijing.
Spatially Encoded Video
- Burkett, BC and A Curtis (2011) Classifying wildfire risk at the building scale in the Wildland-Urban Interface: Applying spatial video approaches to Los Angeles CountyRisk, Hazards & Crisis in Public Policy 2:4 Article 6
- Curtis, A., and J.W. Mills (2011) Spatial video data collection in a post-disaster landscape: The Tuscaloosa Tornado of April 27th 2011. Applied Geography 32 393-400
- Mills, J.W., A.J. Curtis, B. Kennedy, S.W. Kennedy, and J. Edwards. (2010) Geospatial video for field data collection. Applied Geography 30(4) 533-547
- Curtis, A., Duval-Diop, D.,and J. Novak (2010) Identifying spatial patterns of recovery and abandonment in the Post-Katrina Holy Cross neighborhood of New Orleans Cartography and Geographic Information Science 37(1): 45-56
- Duval-Diop, D., Curtis, A., and A. Clark (2010) Enhancing Equity with Public Participatory GIS in Hurricane Rebuilding: Faith Based Organizations, Community Mapping, and Policy Advocacy Journal of Community Development Society 41(1): 32-49
- Curtis, A., Mills, J.W., Kennedy, B., Fotheringham, S. and T. McCarthy (2007) Understanding the geography of post-traumatic stress: an academic justification for using a spatial video acquisition system in the response to Hurricane Katrina Journal of Contingencies & Crisis Management 15(4): 208-219.
- Curtis, A., and J.W. Mills (2011) Crime in urban post-disaster environments: A methodological framework from New Orleans Urban Geography 32 (4) 488-510
- Curtis, A., Mills, J.W., L. Augustin and M. Cockburn (2011) Confidentiality Risks in Fine Scale Aggregations of Health Data Computers, Environment and Urban Systems 35 57-64
- Boulos, K. M.N., Curtis, A. and P. AbdelMalik (2009) Musings on privacy issues in health research involving disaggregate geographic data about individuals International Journal of Health Geographics 8:46
- Leitner, M., Mills, J. and A. Curtis (2007) Can novices to geospatial technology compromise spatial confidentiality? Kartographische Nachrichten (‘Cartographic News’) 57(2): 78-84.
- Curtis, A., Mills, J.W., and M. Leitner (2006) Spatial confidentiality and GIS: re-engineering mortality locations from published maps about Hurricane Katrina International Journal of Health Geographics 5:44.
- Leitner, M. and A. Curtis (2006) A first step towards a framework for presenting the location of confidential point data on maps - results of an empirical perceptual study International Journal of Geographical Information Science 20(7):797-811.
- Leitner, M. and A. Curtis (2004) Cartographic guidelines for geographically masking the location of confidential point data Cartographic Perspectives 49: 22-39.