Calendar of Events
Whether you're an international or domestic student, faculty or staff, community member or just passing through, you'll find something of interest to you on the calendar below. Check our calendar often for announcements of everything from concerts to workshops and festivals to sightseeing trips, all with the power to broaden your understanding and appreciation of the world.
Also here is a quick list of upcoming trips and outings, events and happenings sponsored or supported by the Office of Global Education and our friends. Please note our full line-up of activities planned during Welcome Week, August 21 through 28.
- August 21: Welcome Picnic for International Students, Van Campen Lawn, 3:00 to 6:00 pm
- August 22: Fall International Student Orientation, Kent Student Center Ballroom, Morning Session 8:00 am, Afternoon Session 12:30 pm.
- August 22: International Bowling Night, Twinstar Lanes Bowling Center, Kent, OH, 6:00 to 8:00 pm.
- August 23: International Graduate Student Orientation (GSO), Kent Student Center Ballroom, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- August 23: International Student Resource Fair, 2nd Floor Hallway, Kent Student Center, 11:00 am to 1:30 pm.
- August 24: International Graduate Student Orientation (Teaching Assistants), Kent Student Center Ballroom, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- August 24: Destination Kent State (Mandatory for new freshmen), Governance Chamber, Kent Student Center, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- August 25 to 28: Welcome Weekend 2016, Various times, dates and venues
- September 3 and 4: Niagara Falls Labor Day Weekend Trip. Participants must register at the Office of Global Education, 1:00 to 3:00 pm, Monday through Wednesday. Reservations are limited, Cost: $120 (ISAF rate) and $160 (non-ISAF rate). Complete trip details.
- September 5: Labor Day (U.S. Holiday) Office and University closed.
- September 10: 2nd Annual Run the World 5K Run/Walk 2016, Risman Plaza, 8:30 am.
- September 14: OGE Cultural Cafe, China and India, Kent Student Center Ballroom, 4:00 to 5:00 pm
- September 15: Education Abroad Expo, Kent Student Center, 2nd Floor Mezzanine, 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
- September 15: Culinary Passport: Noche Caliente. A night of Hispanic-themed food sponsored by Kent State Dining Services. 4:30 to 8:00 pm. Eastway.
- September 17: Fall 2016 Global Cup Soccer Tournament. Currently taking registrations for team play. Get in on the action by registering for one of twelve global teams. Or gather your friends an create a team of your own. Watch for future announcements about tournament location, first-round team play match-ups and match start times. Register now!
- September 17: Northeast Ohio Study Abroad Returnee Conference 2016, Kent State Student Center, 9:30 am to 3:30 pm. Registration required.
- September 28: Culinary Passport: Brazilian Night. An evening of Brazilian-inspired food sponosred by Kent State Dining Services. 4:30 to 8:00 pm. Kent Market Two, Kent Student Center.
- September 30: International Homecoming Celebration. Time, date and location to be announced.
- October 1: Homecoming
- October 11: Culinary Passport: Soul Food. A night of "Down-Home Cooking" sponsored by Kent State Dining Services. 4:30 to 8:00 pm. Eastway.
- October 12: OGE Cultural Cafe, Kent Student Center Ballroom Balcony, 4:00 to 5:00 pm (Countries to be announced).
- October 26: Culinary Passport: German Oktoberfest. An evening of food celebrating Oktoberfest sponsored by Kent State Dining Services. 4:30 to 8:00 pm. Eastway.