Calendar of Events
Whether you're an international or domestic student, faculty or staff, community member or just passing through, you'll find something of interest to you on the calendar below. Check our calendar often for announcements of everything from concerts to workshops and festivals to sightseeing trips, all with the power to broaden your understanding and appreciation of the world.
Also here is a quick list of upcoming trips and outings, events and happenings sponsored or supported by the Office of Global Education and our campus friends.
- October 26: OGE Cultural Cafe, Honduras and Colombia, Kent Student Center Ballroom Balcony, 4:00 to 5:00 pm.
- October 26: Study Abroad - So Fun It's Scary, A Study Abroad Halloween Party sponsored by the College of Arts and Sciences! CUE (Lobby of the University College), 11:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- October 26: Culinary Passport: German Oktoberfest. An evening of food celebrating Oktoberfest sponsored by Kent State Dining Services. 4:30 to 8:00 pm. Eastway.
- November 7: A Keynote Speech by Dr. Haifa Jamal AlLail, President of Effat University, and all-women's university located in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Opening Presentation by Dr. Beverly Warren. KIVA, 5:00 pm. Kicks off International Education Week which begins the following Monday (see next).
- November 14 - 18: International Education Week 2016. Check out all the events planned for the week on the IEW online Calendar of Events.
- November 16: OGE Cultural Cafe, Macedonia and Lebanon, Kent Student Center, Room 306 4:00 to 5:00 pm.
- November 17. International Cook-Off 2016. Kent Student Center Ballroom, 6:30 - 8:30 pm. Join us for an evening full of food and fun as cooking teams from Bangladesh, Brazil, India, Nepal, Saudi Arabia and South Korea compete for first place in the Culinary Competition.
- November 22. Global Thanksgiving Dinner. Join ISSS for an annual American tradition: Thanskgiving dinner. To attend, please register at the Office of Global Education: Monday - Wednesday, 1:00 - 3:00 pm and Thursday, 2:00 - 4:00 pm.