Calendar of Events
Whether you're an international or domestic student, faculty or staff, community member or just passing through, you'll find something of interest to you on the calendar below. Check our calendar often for announcements of everything from concerts to workshops and festivals to sightseeing trips, all with the power to broaden your understanding and appreciation of the world.
Also here is a quick list of upcoming trips and outings, events and happenings sponsored or supported by the Office of Global Education and our campus friends.
- September 22: AfricaFEST. Risman Plaza, 3:00 to 7:00 pm. Free and open to all students. Entertainment, activities and African cuisine. Hosted by the College of Arts.
- September 24: Fall 2016 Global Cup Soccer Tournament. The GlobalCup Soccer Tournament resumes with the semifinal and final rounds. Action gets underway at 1:00 pm. Kent Student Athletic Soccer Field, corner of Summit Street and Loop Road.
- September 28: Culinary Passport: Brazilian Night. An evening of Brazilian-inspired food sponosred by Kent State Dining Services. 4:30 to 8:00 pm. Kent Market Two, Kent Student Center.
- September 30: International Homecoming Celebration. Kent Student Center Ballroom, 7:00 - 10:00 pm. An opportunity for all Kent State international students to celebrate their home country.
- October 1: Homecoming. Many events have been planned, many more are in the works. Keep track of them all at the Kent State Homecoming page.
- October 1: Cleveland Museums Trip. Please Note: The trip has been cancelled.
- October 11: Culinary Passport: Soul Food. A night of "Down-Home Cooking" sponsored by Kent State Dining Services. 4:30 to 8:00 pm. Eastway.
- October 15: Cedar Point HalloWeekend Trip. Join ISSS for a trip to the Roller Coaster Capital of the World at Cedar Point in nearby Sandusky, Ohio. Includes after-dark Halloween fun. To attend, please register at the Office of Global Education: Monday - Wednesday, 1:00 - 3:00 pm and Thursday, 2:00 - 4:00 pm. Cost is $50 ($65 for non-ISAF students) which includes transportation and general admission.
- October 23 - 24: Cricket Tournament. Organized by the Kent State Cricket Club, the two-day tournament provides Kent State students the opportunity to compete in this international sport. For more information and to register your team, contact the Kent State Cricket Club at email@example.com. Registration closes on September 20.
- October 24: International Student Career Workshops and Networing Event. Kent Student Center, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. A unique career focused event for international students at Kent State University sponsored by Career Services, Global Cleveland, LaunchNet, the Office of Global Education and the School of Digital Sciences. Registration required.
- October 26: OGE Cultural Cafe, Honduras and Colombia, Kent Student Center Ballroom Balcony, 4:00 to 5:00 pm.
- October 26: Culinary Passport: German Oktoberfest. An evening of food celebrating Oktoberfest sponsored by Kent State Dining Services. 4:30 to 8:00 pm. Eastway.
- November 14 - 18: International Education Week 2016. Watch for upcoming announcements describing all of the activities commemmorating this cross-campus and around-the-world week-long event.
- November 17. International Cook-Off 2016. Kent Student Center, 6:30 - 8:30 pm. The Office of Global Education is currently recruiting international student teams to compete in its annual Cook-Off, which is the premier event of International Education Week. Fill out and submit your team's application before October 10. Up to eight teams will compete in the Cook-Off by preparing cuisine from their native countries.
- November 22. Global Thanksgiving Dinner. Join ISSS for an annual American tradition: Thanskgiving dinner. To attend, please register at the Office of Global Education: Monday - Wednesday, 1:00 - 3:00 pm and Thursday, 2:00 - 4:00 pm.