Calendar of Events
Whether you're an international or domestic student, faculty or staff, community member or just passing through, you'll find something of interest to you on the calendar below. Check our calendar often for announcements of everything from concerts to workshops and festivals to sightseeing trips, all with the power to broaden your understanding and appreciation of the world.
Also here is a quick list of upcoming trips and outings, events and happenings sponsored or supported by the Office of Global Education and our campus friends.
- Friday, March 17: International Talent and Fashion Show. Kent Student Center Ballroom, 7:00 to 10:00 pm. Join the Office of International Student Affairs for their first talent and fashion show, which highlights traditional clothing and more.
- Wednesday, March 29 through Sunday, April 2. ISAF Philadelphia Road Trip. Join the Office of Global Education for a journey to America's city of Brotherly Love, Philladelphia, PA. Cost includes 4 nights in a hostel, motercoach transportation and 4-day sightseeing tour pass. Cost: $150 (ISAF), $200 (non-ISAF). Register online or at the Office of Global Education, Monday through Wednesday, 1:00 to 3:00 pm. Visit Philadelphia.
- Wednesday, April 12: Cultural Cafe. Kent Student Center Ballroom Balcony, 4:00 to 5:00 pm. Featuring Japan and Scotland. Join the Office of Global Education to learn about the history, culture and cuisine of two countries as presented by international students from those countries. Sample cuisine from the two countries during the intermission between the two presentations. Free and open to all.
- Saturday, April 15: Run the World. Kent State Stark, 8:30 to 10 am. Kent State University at Stark will host its first Run the World race to raise money for study abroad scholarships. The race will follow a 3.1- mile course, and students who register for the race, even if they don't run, will have a chance to win one of the multiple $1000 study abroad scholarships. For more information please click here.
- Saturday, April 15: Cleveland day trip. Please join ISSS to celebrate the Arts of Cleveland. Students will have a day full of experiencing Cleveland and some of the wonderful art activities available. The cost for the entire day of activities is $20 for students who are assessed the International Student Activity Fee and $25 for those who are not. The cost includes transportation to and from Cleveland, admission to the Cleveland Museum of Art, and tickets to watch the performance of Hamlet. For more details, please email Delaney at email@example.com
- Wednesday, May 10: International Graduation Reception. Kent Student Center Ballroom, 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm. International Graduates! Join us to celebrate your upcoming graduation with food, fun, and guest speaker, Raj Agarwal. Registration Required. Register before April 9 to receive a FREE graduation stole with an imprint of the name of your home country. Click here for more details.
- Fridays, February 3 through May 5: International Student Success. DeWeese Health Center, Conference Room A. University Health Services invites you to attend meetings to improve your success here at Kent State. They will speak about overcoming language challenges, balancing home and U.S. culture, fitting in, academic success, self-care, and career skills. Events are free and confidential. Just drop in!