To Do When You Arrive in Kent
Check in at the Office of Global Education
- International students must check in at the Office of Global Education (106 Van Campen Hall) upon arrival. A comprehensive guide for orientation week will be given to students during check-in. Students must bring their passport, visa, I-20 and other immigration documents with them.
- Orientation is mandatory for all international students and scholars. You must attend orientation, as well as ESL placement tests if they are required of you. Check the schedule
- Also please attend the activities happening the first week. These activities will help get you involved in campus life and will include campus tours, movies, and much more!
You must provide final and official documents after arrival
- For admission purposes, we accept scanned documents of academic credentials while reviewing student documents from an international school. When an applicant is admitted, his/her final and official transcript and diploma must be brought to the International Admissions Office in Van Campen Hall for verification. This should be done within the first semester (or first module for ESL students). Otherwise, the student's account will be put on HOLD and prevent the student from registering for courses for a second semester (or second module for ESL student).
- A temporary hold will be considered for one time only. It is your responsibility to check your Flashline account and auto-generated email for any possible hold from the International Admissions Office.