The International Admissions Office is actively conducting international recruitment trips worldwide. We welcome faculty and staff from academic units to participate in international recruitment, and experience has shown that recruitment is much more successful when we collaborate because prospective students are very interested in detailed program information and value direct contact with faculty and college administrators.
Faculty, staff and administrators can help with international recruitment in a variety of ways:
- Ongoing and timely communication: Ongoing multi-modal communication with potential highly qualified candidates at each stage of the recruitment process is essential.
- Websites: Departmental websites are normally the first (and sometimes the only) pages a student will search for information relating to the program. Providing contact information or an application link will effectively assist international applicants.
- Webinars: For students who are unable to make a campus visit, provide an interactive environment for potential and/or admitted students through webinar tools. Enable chat function and engage students to ask questions.
- Social Media: Maintaining the content regularly within the website; request an announcement through your department social media for any recruitment efforts.
- Update Admission Requirements: Please contact the International Admission Office with any admission updates to ensure the accuracy and effectiveness of admission efforts.
Faculty and administrators who would like to conduct an international recruitment trip should contact OGE's International Admissions Office before scheduling the recruitment trip. Here are some best practices to keep in mind:
- Assess the recruitment environment
- Access the marketing bullet points on academic environment and student campus life.
- Understand the international admissions requirement and application process.
- Prepare recruitment materials: brochures, tablecloth, gifts, etc.
- Keep recruitment records: follow up with potential candidates after recruitment visit.
Let us know what questions you have, or tell us how we can help: firstname.lastname@example.org