International Students Scholarships Resources
Scholarships are free aid that can help you pay for your degree, especially if you have a strong academic background.
As an international student, you’re qualified for many of the Kent State scholarships:
- International Freshman Scholarship
- International Civic Engagement Scholarship
- Global Diversity Scholarship
- Undergraduate Merit-based Scholarship (Non-test based)
- International Transfer Student Scholarship
- Graduate Assistance
Plus, there are special scholarships for international students attending college in the United States. Explore a few of these resources below:
- The International Education Financial Aid website allows you to search for scholarships based on what you’re studying, where you’re studying, and where you’re from. Fill in your intended major and home country, with Ohio as your place of study, to find scholarships that can go toward your Kent State degree.
- Your home country’s government likely offers scholarships for students attending college abroad. Be sure to visit your government’s website or contact a government office for information on how to apply for the available aid.
- The Organization of American States (OAS) lists Scholarships for Latin American and Caribbean students in their Financial Guide for Higher Education.
- Women pursuing higher education can apply for scholarships for the American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- Students who are seeking an undergraduate degree in one of the following categories: science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and business/entrepreneurship might be eligible for Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship Program. The application opens Wednesday, March 8th to Wednesday, April 12th for the year of 2017.