Kent enjoys four seasons throughout the year: spring, summer, fall and winter. Average high temperatures in Kent:
- January: 1°C
- March: 9°C
- July: 29°C
- September: 23°C
- Kent State University was founded in 1910 as a teacher-training school.
- Today, Kent is a public research university.
- The University enrolls approximately 42,000 students including 2,913 international students representing 109 countries (based on Fall 2016 enrollment). Nearly 10% of students attending the Kent campus are international, twice the U.S. average.
- Comprised of 8 unique campuses located throughout northeast Ohio, offering more than 300 academic programs at the certificate, associate, bachelor’s, master’s, educational specialist and doctoral levels.
- Study sites in New York City, New York; Florence, Italy; Geneva, Switzerland and Cleveland, Ohio.