GSO Team Application
Teaching Fellowship Application Information
Summer III 2016
The 2016 application is now closed. This employment opportunity is known formally and listed on payroll contracts as a (GSO) Teaching Fellowship; informally, the specific job title is GSO Team Leader.
The GSO program seeks to employ high-achieving, energetic, and engaging graduate students from a wide range of academic disciplines and personal backgrounds to assist with the planning and implementation of GSO. Though not required, preference is given to applicants with teaching experience. Responsibilities for leaders may include facilitating breakout sessions, working on committees to plan specific aspects of the GSO program, and other opportunities throughout the year such as facilitating GPAD workshops.
GSO leaders are expected to serve as positive role models for graduate students, and are asked to be available to their fellow graduate students beyond GSO in a mentoring relationship if called upon. GSO team members will be under contract for Summer III and will receive a stipend of $1,600 for their work.
New graduate student GSO will be held on Tuesday, August 23.
New teaching assistant GSO will be held on Wednesday, August 24.
Weekly GSO planning meetings will occur on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12-4pm throughout Summer III, July 19 - August 18. Attendance at the meetings is mandatory.
The deadline for application materials to be received is Friday, April 1 at 11:59pm.
- GSO teaching fellows must be enrolled in graduate classes or credit hours for Summer or Fall.
- Students who are on an assistantship for Summer II or III are not eligible to participate.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Application Documents: Click on document title to download template, there is no template for the CV/resume or letters of recommendation.
- Completed GSO teaching fellow application form
- A current resume or CV
- Completed GSO teaching fellow questionnaire (DOCX)
- Your personal teaching and/or leadership philosophy (DOCX) (150-300 word count)
- Two letters of recommendation (preferably academic)
Application Submission Instructions:
- Fill out the questions on the GSO teaching fellow application form.
- Upload resume or CV, completed questionnaire, and teaching/leadership philosophy to the form.
- Electronically sign form and submit.
- Ask your recommenders to submit their letters of recommendation to email@example.com. Letters of recommendation must be received by the deadline of April 1 at 11:59pm.
Please contact Kyle Reynolds with questions about the GSO Teaching Fellowship at 330-672-1466 or firstname.lastname@example.org.