This is a competitive award.
The summer deadline for this award has passed. Please check back in June for the Fall application.
This award offers a maximum reimbursement of up to $1,500 of approved student-incurred expenses (determined by the International Travel Award Committee).
To receive reimbursement, you must submit:
* A properly completed GSS Funding Form within 14 days of return (click here for an example)
* Original receipts (food receipts NOT required)
* A copy of the confirmation email from the International Travel Committee
Full and part-time graduate students may apply for International Travel Awards whose departments are in good standing with GSS. The purpose of this award is to support international research and networking. These award can fund any of the following:
* Overseas travel costs for research/professional development
* Conference/workshop presentations
* Conference/workshop attendance
* Creative projects/workshops (if appropriate to the degree)
* Room and board
The International Travel Award does not support:
* Course/credit hour costs
It is highly advisable for students to have all required materials ready well before the deadline.
The required documents include:
* The application form
* Research proposal OR proof of conference (workshop) registration
* List of other funding sources (ex. departamental)
* Schedule of fall classes
* Two (2) letters of recommendation
* IRB approval (new this year) if applicable
* Other materials indicative of conference participation (airfare confirmation, hotel confirmation) or otherwise valuable in the process of selecting competitive applications.
Non Resident: This letter pertains to non-resident students who have received an Award from Graduate Student Senate. For further information, please read this letter once you have received one of our awards.
Resident: This letter pertains to U.S. residents (students) who have received an Award from Graduate Student Senate. For further information, please read this letter once you have received one of our awards.
*Please refer to the GSS Bylaws for further clarification into the policies and procedures associated with this Grant (Articles V-VIII)*
Please see the Awards page for information regarding deadlines for this and other grants.
For questions about the International Travel Grant, please contact Symposium Chair, Natalie Fox at firstname.lastname@example.org.