News Detail (Do Not Delete)
FPDC Announces 2012-2013 Teaching Scholars Learning Community CohortPosted Apr. 30, 2012
The Faculty Professional Development Center (FPDC) announces the selection of the 2012-2013 Teaching Scholars Learning Community Cohort. The strength of this established learning community comes from the diversity of talent, disciplinary perspective and lived experience as a scholar. Next year’s cohort once again draws this diversity together. The community’s purpose remains to raise personal and professional competencies, while increasing the strength of teaching and learning through peer-reviewed scholarship at Kent State University and in their own fields.
The Faculty Professional Development Center congratulates the following individuals and thanks them for their support of faculty members at all levels and experience:
- Wendlyn Bedrosian, Ph.D., College of Education, Health and Human Services (School of Teaching, Learning, and Curriculum Studies)
- Moon-Heum Cho, Ph.D., College of Education, Health and Human Services (School of Lifespan Development and Educational Sciences, Kent State Stark)
- Jennifer Marcinkiewicz, Ph.D., College of Arts and Sciences (Department of Biological Sciences)
- Rebecca Parylak, Ph.D., College of Arts and Sciences (Department of Geography)
- Jakyung Seo, College of the Arts (School of Theatre and Dance)
- Jeanne Smith, College of Arts and Sciences (Department of English)
- Lt. Col. Diana Stewart, College of Nursing (Kent State East Liverpool
Over the next academic year, the community will meet every two to three weeks to develop a common language around teaching and learning, while preparing and executing personal research projects in their respective fields. Members will travel as a cohort to the International Lilly Teaching and Learning Conference in Miami, Ohio, in November to participate in conversations and workshops that will help keep them forward thinking and acting. In early 2013, the community will convene a Spring Learning Institute with the support of the Faculty Professional Development Center that invites the campus community to participate in, and to share and develop the scholarship of teaching and learning for the support of the overall Kent State mission.
For more information about the Faculty Professional Development Center at Kent State, visit www.kent.edu/fpdc/index.cfm.