- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
David B. Smith Scholarship
The David B. Smith Scholarship is presented annually in honor of David B. Smith, a magna cum laude graduate of KSU, to recognize exceptional scholarship and teaching. David tragically passed away in a fire in his apartment; he was pursuing his MBA at the time. Normally, one award is made each year.
- Must be a currently enrolled degree-seeking student.
- Outstanding scholarship and teaching.
- Excellent academic record, including a minimum 3.5 GPA.
- Preference given to graduate students in the College of Business.
Recipients receive a $500 monetary award.
Application and Selection Processes:
Submit electronic application and letter of recommendation by February 15 for consideration for the following year. Along with a completed application (including scholarship statement), students are required to submit a CV/resume, and a letter of recommendation from a current Kent State faculty member. All materials must be received by the deadline.
Applications are reviewed by a committee comprised of faculty representing various ranks and disciplines. Recipients are selected by the Dean of Graduate Studies.