Graduation with General Honors represents the second highest level of distinction for graduation from the Honors College. Students who complete and defend the Senior Honors Thesis may be eligible to receive General Honors.
To earn General Honors, students must meet the following criteria:
- Six hours of independent study, at least four hours of which MUST be thesis but all six hours may be
- Eight Honors courses/experiences, two of which will be thesis
- Completion of 30 hours of Honors work, six of which will be thesis
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or higher; Major grade point average of 3.4 or higher; and, Honors grade point average of 3.4 or higher
- Thesis of "A" or "B" quality