Graduation with University Honors represents the highest level of distinction for graduation from the Honors College. Students who complete the Senior Honors Thesis may be eligible to receive University Honors.
To earn University Honors, students must meet the following criteria:
- Six hours of independent study, at least four hours of which MUST be thesis but all six hours may be
- Eight Honors courses/experiences, two of which will be thesis
- Completion of 30 hours of Honors work, six of which will be thesis
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.8 or higher
- Thesis of outstanding quality
Students who do not meet the criteria for earning University Honors may earn General Honors.