The Honors College is delighted to receive donations from alumni and friends! Checks may be sent directly to the Honors College with an indication of the purpose or to the Kent State University Foundation (both at Kent State University, P.O. Box 5190, Kent OH 44242). Credit card payments may be made through the Foundation. If you wish to have a direct impact on the support of excellence in undergraduate education, please follow the directions below.
To donate to the Honors College or to find out more about the many ways to give, please visit the university's giving page.
Two primary, ongoing funds provide flexibility in supporting our students:
The Honors College Scholarship Endowment provides much-needed scholarship dollars for our students in a time of rising tuition, declining state support, increasing part-time work, and unprecedented student loan debt.
The Larry R. Andrews Endowed Dean's Operating Fund offers maximum flexibility in addressing greatest needs, including emergency aid to students, field trips, conference travel for students, guest speakers, and unbudgeted equipment needs.
Gifts in kind are also welcome!
Other more specific endowment funds that may draw your interest:
- May 4 Memorial Scholarship Endowment: helps support 4 full-ride scholarships, remembering the four victims of the 1970 shootings
- Thesis Fellowship Fund: helps support senior thesis students
- Ottavio M. Casale Memorial Scholarship in Humanities or Arts
- Alice Bierce Thomas Scholarship in Education
- Carringer-Cable Scholarship in Journalism
- James Stephen Campbell Memorial Scholarship in Humanities
- Kimball J. Bixenstine Scholarship in Biology
- Diane Burbick Scholarship in Gifted Education
- Herb Kamm Scholarship in Journalism
- Michael Halpin Scholarship in Humanities or Social Sciences
Contact Diane Ruppelt, Director of Advancement, for more information about additional needs or projects of personal interest by calling her at (330) 285-9884.
Thank you to everyone who gave a gift to the Honors College this past year. Your contributions help to enrich the Kent State experience of our students.