Continuing & Transfer Students
Current Kent State students and transfer students with outstanding academic records may be considered for admission to the Honors College.
Current KSU students who are not admitted as incoming freshmen but would like to join the Honors College may apply for membership in the Honors College for the purposes of completing a Senior Honors Thesis/Project. Typically, this consideration occurs in the junior year. Please contact the Honors College for more information.
Students who transfer to Kent State from another Honors program or college at an accredited institution are eligible to apply for admission to the Honors College. Please contact the Honors College for more information.
In order to be considered for admission to the Honors College, we require students to have the following:
- At least one full-time semester of study completed at Kent State at the time of application AND a minimum of three full-time semesters of study remaining before graduation (Students in specific academic programs may be required to have four semesters remaining)
- A cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher at the end of the semester prior to admission
Students may submit an application after attendance at a Thesis Information Meeting. Please contact Aaron Hanlin, Coordinator of Admissions & Scholarships, at email@example.com for information on accessing the Honors College application for continuing students.
The admission process is based upon an evaluation of a student’s performance and research potential. The evaluation is typically based on:
- Academic achievement since beginning college
- Desire, ability and motivation to conduct research or creative projects leading to the completion of a Senior Honors Thesis/Project
A faculty recommendation will be required. The application will provide an opportunity for you to list a faculty member as a reference. Please ask a faculty member to serve as a reference prior to listing their name on your application.
The Honors College will accept applications from continuing Kent State students during the fall and spring semesters. Decisions will be made on a rolling basis, but students must apply by the deadline.
- Spring Admission: December 1
- Fall Admission: May 1