Academic Resource Guide - Campus-Wide Resources
There are several on-campus resources available to Kent State University students, and the Department of Residence Services highly encourages you to explore them during your time here.
- The Academic Success Center offers free tutoring and support services that foster each student's academic and personal growth. ASC offers scheduled tutoring, drop-in tutoring, Supplemental Instruction, and online tutoring for students. ASC is located in 207 Schwartz Center and can be reached at (330) 672-3190 or email@example.com.
- The Student Success Programs office offers events to help students succeed academically. Check out these events on their website: www.kent.edu/success/.
- Residence Services encourages students with disabilities to register with Student Accessibility Services (SAS). Student Accessibility Services’ mission is to provide equal access to educational opportunities for qualified students with disabilities attending Kent State University. SAS is located on the ground floor of the DeWeese Health Center and can be reached at (330) 672-3763 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make sure you know important academic deadlines for registering and withdrawing from courses. Check out the Kent State Academic Calendar located at www.kent.edu/academics/resources/. You can also find Kent State’s final exam schedule here: http://www.kent.edu/registrar/calendars/index.cfm.
- Kent State offers more than 200 majors and minors. Each department offers support for their students, including academic advising.
- Many on-campus students are also part of Living-Learning Communities that offer additional support. Be sure to check out your LLC’s resources.
- The Kent State Library is open 24 hours during the week and until 10pm on Fridays, from 9am-10pm on Saturdays, and from 12pm-10pm on Saturdays.
- Kent State’s Math Emporium is located on the 2nd floor of the Library and serves students in Algebra courses.
- The Writing Commons, which supports students at all levels with any projects that include writing, is also located on the 4th floor of the Library